So, you've found the sofa you love. You've even found the end tables and lamps. But you're missing something: the perfect accent chair. Accent chairs come in so many sizes, styles, colors, and patterns it can be hard to find the right one for your space. To take some of the guesswork out of finding the right chair, we've put together this helpful guide!
1. Find your inspiration. If your room is mostly furnished, take photos of the room and reference them while you shop. Or, get some ideas of the style you like from interior design magazines. (You can even visit our Pinterest page for color inspiration and more!)
2. Have a plan. Figure out the flow of your room and the placement of your chair before you shop. Are you going to have one chair? Two? Maybe even three? Measure your space so you're sure exactly the size that will fit.
3. Select your style. With so many styles available, it's important to get to know the styles you love. Below are 4 of the most common accent chair styles:
The Club Chair - a low, deep, thickly upholstered chair, often with a low back and heavy sides and arms.
The Slipper Chair - an armless upholstered chair with short legs.
The Wing Back Chair - a chair with wings mounted to the back, typically stretching down to the armrest.
The Breg re Chair - a French chair with an exposed frame and upholstered back and seat.
4. Be bold. Once you've picked your chair style, choose the fabrics that will match your room. Your accent chair (or chairs) should be a statement piece, so don't be afraid to use bright, bold colors and patterns!
5. Mix or match. If your space calls for more than one accent chair, you can choose two of the same chair for a more traditional look. Or, pick two different, but complimentary chairs for more whimsy and charm.
Need more design inspiration or assistance? We're here to help! Visit our stores in Southampton, PA and Ship Bottom, NJ for expert design services and exquisite furniture!