Every wonder how interior designers make a room, tabletop, or bookshelf look amazing? It's all in the accessorizing! Accessories are like the jewelry of a room. They help accentuate the furniture and infuse the space with your personality. Below, you'll see some helpful tips to have you accessorizing like a pro!
1. Cluster objects to create a related table-top scene.
2. Vary the height of the objects you are working with. You can add height by placing some objects on top attractive books laying on the surface.
3. Work with odd numbers of objects: 3, 5, or 7. This makes the eye travel over triangular paths, creating visual interest.
4. Symmetrical arrangements are more formal in nature; asymmetrical arrangements are more casual.
5. Pay attention to scale. Make sure your objects are not too small or too big for the area in which they are being displayed.
Need help accessorizing your home? We can help. We have a friendly, experienced design staff who can offer their best advice, create new design solutions, and so much more! Visit our stores and meet our expert design staff!