Print this page
Please note that some of these care tips are best performed by a trained furniture technician:
- Removing stains from glass: Pour 3 parts vinegar and 1 part ammonia onto the stained area and let stand for 30 minutes to overnight, depending on the severity of the stain. Wash off with soap and water followed by glass cleaner.
- Removing wet rings from a finished surface: Clean the area with Murphy's oil soap and water; use terry cloth or a t-shirt and dampen it lightly with denatured alcohol. Pass the dampened cloth across the area, using light, quick strokes. #0000 Steel wool and lemon oil or wool lube should remove white spots and rings from units that have a stain or dull sheen.
- Waxy build-up: Use a soft rag or #0000 steel wool.
- Light scratches and scrapes: Clean the surface with mineral spirits; lightly apply lacquer with a soft cloth in the direction of the grain; avoid over padding as this could cause the finish to dull.
- Sticky drawers: Rub Briwax or any other paste wax on the drawer and the wood it rides on.
- Removing musty odor: Use a spray bottle or denatured alcohol or another microbial spray. Allow drying for one week.
- Surface scratches: Use rubbing compound or buffing paste followed up with cream polish.